Personal Hygiene and the Corona Virus
Re: Personal Hygiene and the Coronavirus
Monday 16th March
I have spent this morning's assembly talking to the children about the importance of washing our hands correctly as well as what do do when we sneeze or cough. Please look on the web link below to watch a really useful video.
I will update this section daily with any news that the Government passes on to schools.
Let's all make sure we look after our whole school community and our neighbours where we live.
We have been speaking to our children about the importance of personal hygiene and when and how to wash our hands thoroughly using soap and hot water.
Please see the latest government guidance below and make sure that we all encourage our children at home and at school to wash our hands correctly at all times.
How to wash your hands properly
Wash your hands more often for 20 seconds with soap and hot water.
Watch this short NHS film for guidance:
Teach young children how to wash their hands with the NHS handwashing song:
Public Health England recommends that in addition to handwashing before eating, and after coughing and sneezing, everyone should also wash hands after using toilets and travelling on public transport.
- Wash your hands often - with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Pupils, students, staff and visitors should wash their hands:
- before leaving home
- on arrival at school
- after using the toilet
- after breaks and sporting activities
- before food preparation
- before eating any food, including snacks
- before leaving school
- use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surface