White Rose Maths
Daily maths lessons for Nursery (Early Years) children. Each lesson has a useful video clip to watch and a linked activity. 5 new lessons will be uploaded each week.
Topmarks Maths Games
Play these fun maths games for 3-5 year olds. Learning to count is fun with this range of counting games. Start with the simple counting games and progress to counting 15 objects. The games include matching and sequencing numbers activities and are suitable for Early Years Foundation Stage children.
CBeebies Numeracy Little Learners
Join in with Little Learners and explore all of these fun and free maths games, activities and clips.
Gracie & Friends City Skate App
This game is designed to help children strengthen their subitising skills as they:
• Recognise sets of one to five objects without counting
• Learn and reinforce number names and symbols
• Understand that quantity can be represented by a numeral or a set of objects
• Understand that the quantity of a set is not affected by the arrangement of the objects in the set
Elmo Loves 123s App
Elmo and Abby share their love of numbers with the player. Elmo has kids choose a number 1 to 20, from a colourful screen. Kids then trace the chosen number before viewing a video clip incorporating the number. Each number includes three different videos and three activities involving each number - a puzzle, a search-and-find game where kids look for the numeral hidden around Sesame Street, and a count and fill the bucket game. Kids can also choose from three colouring pages for each number. Abby introduces kids to addition and subtraction as she has kids add and take away monsters in different scenes.
Vegetable Maths Masters App
- Tracing numbers 1-10 with vegetables
- Counting numbers 1-10 by feeding vegetables to their chosen character
- Matching numbers of vegetables in a card game
Little Digits Finger Counting App
Using the multi-touch screen, Little Digits displays number characters by detecting how many fingers you put down. Children can learn to associate the numerical figure on the screen with the number of fingers they place down, whilst enjoying the unique characters and animations of the Little Digits world.
There are also games that introduce small addition and subtraction calculations, where you can work out the answer using the same multi-touch finger detection.
- Counting to 10 with your fingers
- Number recognition; 0 to 10 and back
- Addition and subtraction games
- Number bonds