Maths Links and Apps
White Rose Maths
Daily maths lessons for Reception (Early Years) children. Each lesson has a useful video clip to watch and a linked activity. 5 new lessons will be uploaded each week.
NumBots is a new online game. Playing little and often will improve your child's recall and understanding of number bonds, addition and subtraction facts. Please email email@example.com to receive your Reception child's individual user name and password. Download the free NumBots app from your app store to use on a tablet. Alternatively if you're playing on a PC or laptop follow the link below. In order to get the best out of NumBots children should regularly play for short bursts so we recommend 5 minutes each day.
1. Story Mode - the emphasis is on learning the ideas and concepts behind addition and subtraction so it features more diagrams, shapes and question styles.
2. Challenge Mode - the emphasis is more on speed of recall of key facts, like number bonds to 10, doubling small numbers or adding and taking away in your head.
All children in Reception have access to Mathletics through their own username and password. This gives them access to all the mathematical games, resources and activities. Mathletics is helping children at West Denton Primary to enjoy maths and increase their breadth and depth of mathematical understanding. It has many aspects from quick fire calculations, times table music videos and interactive tutorials in line with the maths topics covered.
Numberblocks Hide and Seek App
This app helps your child get to grips with addition, number bonds and other key number skills. Find the hidden Numberblocks, add them together and see what happens.
Age: school-aged children
Learning to count is fun with this range of counting games. Start with the simple counting games and progress to counting a maximum of 15 objects. The games include matching and sequencing numbers activities and are suitable for Early Years Foundation Stage children.
Vegetable Maths Masters App
- Counting numbers 1-10 by feeding vegetables to their chosen character.
- Matching numbers of vegetables in a card game.
- Adding with vegetables
- Subtracting with vegetables